We see the Big Country as a Unified Community.
is a group of Big Country pastors and leaders who are coming together to advance the Kingdom of God and to see Abilene and the Big Country transformed through unified prayer, authentic relationships, and intentional mission.
Birthed out of a conviction that God has an amazing plan for His church in this region, pastors have been gathering for prayer for nearly two decades. We believe that what God has in store is bigger than any one church or denomination. Therefore, we are coming together around our common faith in Jesus Christ asking for God’s commanded blessing, convinced that we can accomplish more united than we can divided.
- We value the practice of unified prayer that is frequent, fervent, and focused. (1 Tim. 2:1)
- We value authentic relationships and the commitment that it takes to maintain them over the long haul. (Phil. 2:1-4)
- We value intentionality of mission – as we come together relationally and join our hearts to pray, we believe that God will give clear vision to see our region transformed. (Proverbs 11:11)
- The Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God.
- There is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- In the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
- For the salvation of lost and sinful people, faith in Jesus Christ and regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential.
- In the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
- In the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
- In the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.